Thursday, May 27, 2010

Soul Sustenance

Experiencing Peace

In meditation l begin to think about my true identity. l let thoughts about the soul and its qualities fill my mind. Initially it doesn't matter how fast the thoughts are arising as long as they are moving in the right direction. lf my thoughts wander away, gently, l bring them back again to peaceful thoughts of the self. As l become involved in the experience of such thoughts, they will gradually start to slow down and soon l will be able to 'savour' (taste) them. Just as when l am given something special to eat, l eat it slowly, appreciating each mouthful (its flavour and texture), so I begin to appreciate the experience contained in each positive thought. The simple phrase, ‘I am a peaceful soul', comes to life as l begin to experience it.

In Spiritual Service,
Brahma Kumaris

No comments:

Post a Comment