Friday, July 17, 2015

Thought of the day 17.07.2015

Concentration 

The understanding of the self as a soul is the foundation of all spiritual experience. If you have practiced some form of meditation before, it is likely that you were asked to concentrate on a flower, a dot on the wall, the picture of some great saint, a candle flame or maybe even to endlessly repeat some words, which sometimes, are little understood. To concentrate, I must have a focus that is certain and easy to visualize. In Rajyoga meditation, as taught by the Brahma Kumaris, very simply and naturally, I, the soul, on the wings of my thoughts fly to my eternal and highest home – paramdham, shantidham and experience my original virtues. 
As I begin to practice soul-consciousness, I learn to detach myself from the diverse and difficult situations around me and turn naturally to my home and concentrate on the Father of all souls who resides there. The mind becomes automatically controlled by this flow of peace. With the fundamental understanding of the differences between soul and body, the spiritual and the physical, I begin to meditate. 

No comments:

Post a Comment