Saturday, September 9, 2017

Soul Sustenance and Message of the day

--------------------------------------
Soul Sustenance 08-09-2017
--------------------------------------

5 Tips For Overcoming Mental Fatigue (Part 2) 

2. Think Of Others Only When Necessary– A common habit that we all have is to think of others even when it is not necessary and important. Suppose a person in your office is not performing well and upto his necessary capacity and his work efficiency directly influences your company’s performance, a common response would be to correct him and also talk about his work to the right people in the company. Once you have done that, should you think about him negatively each time you see him or should you keep talking about him negatively to each and every person in the company, which is called waste talk. There are so many such people in our lives. If we carry heavy thoughts filled with negativity about each family member, friend and office colleague, will it not be tiring? So apply the full stop, give up the unnecessary question marks and also exclamation marks in your thoughts. Keep the thoughts numbered and replace negative thoughts about others with thoughts about specialties, virtues and skills as well as positive personality characteristics, so that you do not get tired and experience mental fatigue. 

3. Give Up Your Ego And Live Freely – A very big weight that some of us are carrying on our emotional heads is of our subtle ego. This morning my colleague at my college or at my workplace commented negatively on my dress I was wearing. She commented and I did not see her the entire day after that, but I carry her comment in my head and heart as if it was the biggest insult that I ever faced. Where there is excessive ego, there is immense feeling of insult. Why? I am too attached to my positive self-image and I cannot tolerate anyone dirtying the image even a little bit. So be sweet, humble and kind - the one who does not mind people’s comments and loves everyone inspite of that. Bow down and your excessive thoughts of feeling insulted in your everyday interactions will stop and keep your mind light. 

(To be continued tomorrow …) 

-----------------------------------------
Message for the day 08-09-2017
-----------------------------------------

To have tolerance means to be stable. 

Expression:When one is faced with defamation or insult, tolerance gives the power to be stable and cool. And so there is the ability to smile even when there is negativity that comes. Tolerance means to see beyond the insults because of being stable in the stage of self-respect. 

Experience: When faced with criticism, if I am able to be stable in my stage of self-respect, I am able to learn from every negative remark that comes my way. I will never become defensive, but will be able to see clearly what new learning I could take. 


In Spiritual Service,
Brahma Kumaris

No comments:

Post a Comment