Monday, August 7, 2017

Soul Sustenance and Message of the day

--------------------------------------
Soul Sustenance 07-08-2017
--------------------------------------

Father & Child: The Emotional Connect (Part 1) 

At times, it is great for fathers and children to reflect on the bond they share. It is also nice to say thank you to father, appreciate and acknowledge their role - of shouldering responsibilities of family, career, finances, social & spiritual life. 

Success for a father has no unanimous definition. It appears to be about how much physical, social and financial comfort a father can provide, but today emotional bond between them is the key. Whether toddler or teenager, a child wants quality time and energy of the father, apart from having all needs fulfilled. So the responsibility is on the father to establish and sustain a loving relationship. Let us explore how as a father, I should bond with my child. 

The first phase is my pre-natal bond which begins when my child is in the mother's womb. As a father, every thought I create for my child travels as vibrations, providing emotional nourishment. So I should radiate loving, comforting, welcoming thoughts. Conflict, anger, anxiety and other negative emotions should be avoided. I should not create thoughts of gender preference as my child catches it and feels unwanted if it is of the opposite gender. 

Substance addictions for me and my wife is an absolute No. If I indulge in smoking or alcohol, I radiate vibrations of addiction to the child. Addiction not only depletes my emotional strength, it influences my child's mind and body. I must refrain from this stage and stay away from it, for life. 

The next phase is infancy or babyhood and is the finest time for me to seal a strong emotional connect. Participating in baby-care tasks is important, but more important is how I feel while playing with, talking to, carrying or calming my child - do I create thoughts of love and comfort? Or do I create irritation and hurry up to get back to other work? Doing the latter sends vibrations of rejection to my child. 

(To be continued tomorrow …) 

-----------------------------------------
Message for the day 07-08-2017
-----------------------------------------

The power of determination brings all thoughts into practice. 

Expression:There are a lot of thoughts that come into the mind that should come into practice immediately. These thoughts come according to the demands of time or according to the kind of people that one comes into contact with. But the only way to bring all these thoughts into practice is to use the power of determination. Where there is determination there is the commitment to use all the resources for the realisation of that thought. 

Experience: When I am able to use the power of determination, I am able to realise my inner potential and use it in the right way. So I am able to experience constant progress, because all my thoughts are for my own self progress and all these thoughts naturally come into practice. I never give up anything with temporary setbacks but am able to do everything for the constant progress of the self. 


In Spiritual Service,
Brahma Kumaris

No comments:

Post a Comment