Sunday, October 27, 2013

Soul Sustenance

Understanding The True Self And The False Self (cont.) The illusory (false) self is made up of desires that, even when fulfilled, fail to add value, or a sense of worth to the self. In fact, quite the opposite process happens. Let us examine some of these illusions and how they give us a mistaken sense of value. Illusion (False emotion): Ego Thought: I know, I am Result: Arrogance, inflexibility, controlling others Illusion (False emotion): Anger Thought: I expect Result: Force, aggression Illusion (False emotion): Attachment Thought: I own, It's mine Result: Insecurity, possessiveness, jealousy Illusion (False emotion): Greed Thought: I want, I need Result: Emptiness, wanting, dissatisfaction Illusion (False emotion): Lust Thought: I desire Result: Exploitation, misuse, emotional dependence These are the five fires that burn away the quality of human life: uncontrolled emotions that once, in their original pure state, gave happiness and peace to the individual but now create only emptiness and sorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment