Friday, July 23, 2010

Thought for Today

The Easy Way to Make Each Day Happy

Making a plan: I start the morning by making an aim for the day - a quiet and purposeful plan that will bring about happiness. I commit myself to being happy today, to observing what is joyful on my life’s path, and thinking about what happiness I can offer to others as I go about my business. As I make this plan, I will also stay open-minded enough to accept whatever changes may happen - even upsets - and I will be prepared to see the good in whatever turns up. If I lower my expectations, I will raise my chances of having a completely contented day.

Checking myself: At intervals throughout today I will check in with myself: sit still and see how I’m doing. I will be firm with myself if I feel I am not fulfilling the opportunities of my life and this day. And, if needed, I will be gentle with myself, congratulating myself for what I have achieved today, and where I can see it, planning for improvements on another day. Such conversations and reflections with the self are the foundation of a happy, contented day.

Closing the day: And so the worthwhile hours of a well-lived day filled with purpose and activity, but interspersed and enriched with peaceful periods of stillness come to an end. With a cleared and tranquil mind and a light heart, may I close my eyes and close this perfect, happy day. I let go with gratitude and in the certain knowledge that as sure as the sun rises, I may have another perfect, contented day tomorrow.

www.brahmakumaris.com
www.bkwsu.org
www.bkinfo.in

No comments:

Post a Comment