Thursday, October 13, 2016

Soul Sustenance


Keeping The Balance With Ease (Part 1) 

Living a life which involves different actions, all of which are important in their own way, sometimes requires adjusting to them at every step. E.g. this morning, you have a meeting which is going to last for a couple of hours. After that you have to work on a project, which is pending in your office for a long time. And then, there are some phone calls to complete. This can go on and on everyday and for day after day. This is called being action oriented. I work and work very hard every day to bring success in my role. Also, I want to keep love and respect maintained in my relationships and at the same time maintain my peace of mind and contentment. All this, I do, also realizing that my physical body is to be kept healthy and also other different areas of my life are to be maintained. Also, my personal time space in which I just give time to myself is not to be forgotten. 

So, a lot of actions filled in a day are tiring us at times. The above is a typical day in the life of a working professional. The day just starts and ends before you know it, with no free time. Also, nowadays, an added dimension in almost everyone’s lives is travel time. Then, there are things to be taken care of like diet, rest and sleep and even taking care of what everyone expects from me, fulfilling their demands and satisfying them. Amongst all this, the one thing that remains constant is I, the inner being. Spirituality teaches the technique of keeping myself stable and rich with my internal treasures like peace, love, joy and power. I need to do that when everything around me is so changeable and constantly moving.
Everything moves around me, whereas I remain constant. That means I remain in one positive state of mind constantly. Also, I don’t react, but only respond. I act, but don’t become action oriented. I remain soul conscious, or inner being conscious. 

(To be continued tomorrow …) 

No comments:

Post a Comment