Friday, October 7, 2016

Soul Sustenance


Beauty In Character (Part 2) 

A person with a good heart will always carry good and pure intentions for everyone. Before performing any action, check how honest and how innocent your intentions are. A person who is of good character will not perform any action with any false desires in his heart and mind. Am I the type of person who is jealous of the other or am I a person who is keen that the other person move ahead, so much that he or she can even go ahead of me in any field? Am I so big-hearted? When seeing someone in pain, that someone who has harmed me or insulted me in the past, am I able to empathize and sympathize with such a person? Or do I internally, somewhere in the corner of my heart, feel slightly pleased when such a person goes through pain. These and many more are some of the questions to which I need to give honest answers. These answers are never revealed to anyone, but we know them inside. 

Am I a nice person just on the outside or am I truly sweet not only in my words and actions but in the inner corners of my heart? This is the space where no one enters and only I am a witness to what is happening. Purity in character means no trace of revenge or anger or jealousy or hatred for anyone, even in my thoughts and feelings. Am I truly like that? Your mannerisms are external and visible but your character is not just what is visible but what only you know and are aware of. So, do a check – Do I reach upto God’s definition of a good person, which we have explained in this message? Do remember one thing. Everything we think about others, the slightest negativity in thoughts and feelings as well as attitudes reaches the other, even if we hide it from them externally. So be a good person with nice mannerisms and purity in character not only in words and actions, but in your thoughts also. 

(To be continued tomorrow …) 

No comments:

Post a Comment